Saturday, January 31, 2009

One thing I know for sure

I keep getting these "25 Things About Me" notes from friends on Facebook so I was trying to think of 25 things I could say about myself.

I think I'm up to 13.

I don't think I'm really all that interesting...I guess that could be my #14.

BUT, #6 ("I would eat a boot if it was covered in barbecue sauce") reminded me of something delicious.

Barbecue Tofu Sandwiches

Take a chunk of tofu (a 1/4 of a block is about two sandwiches, but more is always better)

Put it in a plastic bag.

Put the baggie full of tofu in the freezer.

Leave it there until its good and frozen.

Put it in the fridge. (The day you want to eat, take the tofu out of the freezer and put it in the fridge to defrost)

Squeeze the tofu like a sponge to get out some of the water.

Crumble the tofu into a pan with a little olive oil heated in it.

Cook the tofu for a few minutes so you get some crunchy bits.

Add your favorite barbecue sauce and let everything heat together.

Put it on a bun.

Add some coleslaw or pickles and onions.

Freezing the tofu makes it chewier and crumblier. You can also get out a lot of the water by just squeezing it like a sponge.

No comments:

Post a Comment